Health and Wellness Resources
The Blairsville- Saltsburg School District's Reopening and Planning Task Force is working closely with a variety of agencies which are providing guidance specifically for schools. Some of these include:
- Pennsylvania Department of Education Preliminary Guidance to Phased Reopening
- American Academy of Pediatrics- Guidance for School Re-entry
- PA Department of Health
To monitor your health and perform daily COVID-19 symptom checks, use these helpful sites and mobile apps:
As all K-12 schools across Pennsylvania are experiencing the impact of COVID-19, we understand that many families are feeling anxious and on edge. Below are some resources and tips that can provide assistance. As always, school staff are available to assist during this time and their contact information can be found here:
Additional resources can be found under Student Services: Social Work Services page.
- NASP: Talking with Children About Change and COVID- 19
- CDC: Managing Stress and Anxiety
- On Our Sleeves (Nationwide Children's Hospital): Parent Resources for Coronavirus
- Safe2Say: program overview and training materials
Additional resources can be found on the Student Services: Social Work Services page.
Internet and Technology Resources
If you/your student does not have internet access, some providers are offering free or reduced rate service at this time. Here are some providers:
- Comcast/Xfinity (Internet Essentials Program)
- FCC/ Lifeline
- T-Mobile for Education has developed two offers available for a 12 month virtual/digital learning environment.
- Option #1 - Hotspot is free. $20/month for truly unlimited data, 12 month term with the ability to suspend during summer months (this is flexible).
- Option #2 - Hotspot is $42. $10/month for 2GB data (free 20 GB of data for the next 60 days), 12 month term with the ability to suspend during summer months (this is flexible).
Remote Learning Tips
Establishing a designated work space and daily routine will help your student(s) to be successful in their learning. Here are some tips:
All information regarding volunteering within the schools of the Blairsville-Saltsburg School District are in accordance with School Board Policy #916: Volunteers.
- Pennsylvania Department of Human Services (DHS) has provided the following FAQ document to assist in understanding Volunteers and Clearances.
- B-SSD Volunteer Agreement Form
Required Clearances for Volunteers (Act 24, 34, 114, 151)
In accordance with School Board Policy #916, all school volunteers are required to obtain the following clearances:
- Pennsylvania State Criminal Background (Act 34),
- Child Abuse (Act 151), and
- Federal Criminal History Record (Act 114, Fingerprinting).
Be sure to keep your original clearances in a safe place. The District will request originals, not copies.
- In addition, Act 24 of 2011 requires disclosure of any prior arrests or convictions to a school district. This form is to be submitted each year.
- A completed Volunteer Agreement form is also required each year.
ACT 24 - Arrest or Conviction Form
- Complete the ACT 24 - PDE Arrest or Conviction Form
ACT 34 - PA Criminal History Record
- Complete the online request at: https://epatch.state.pa.us
- Be sure to choose the "New Record Check (Volunteers Only)" Link
ACT 151 - PA Child Abuse History Clearance
- Complete the online request at https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home
- You will need to create an individual account
ACT 114 - FBI Fingerprinting
- If you have been a resident of PA for the past 10 years (continuously), you may submit a Volunteer Clearance Exception waiver form.
- Download the Volunteer Clearance Exception Form
- You must sign the form in the presence of a witness.
- If you are unable to use the Volunteer Clearance Exception form, be sure to follow these instruction for the Act 114 Clearance:
- Visit the IndentoGO website to find a fingerprinting location.
- Select "Digital Fingerprinting."
- Enter Service Code 1KG6XN.
- Complete the online registration form.
- You will receive an email with a link to access your results.
Welcome to the Blairsville Elementary PTO. Together, We Can Accomplish More Mark Your Calendars: Monthly Meeting Schedule: To Be Determined Other... (cont'd)
Auditors: This committee audits the PTO records twice a school year to check for accuracy. Bulletin Board Coordinator: The PTO has a large bulletin... (cont'd)
PTA OFFICERS President-Kelley Peters (724) 600-6574 Vice President-Amy Edmundson (724) 639-0330 Secretary-Nanette Schmidt (724) 468-1148... (cont'd)
- Parent Portal Website (go.edustar)
- Parent Portal Signup
- gain access to see child's grades in MS/HS for new students/ or you don't know your login information
- PDE SAS: Department of Education Standards Aligned System
- Resource to improve student achievement. SAS identifies six elements that impact student achievement: Standards, Assessments, Curriculum Framework, Instruction, Materials & Resources, and Safe and Supportive Schools. Schools and educators across Pennsylvania are supported in their efforts to implement SAS by the development of a state-of-the-art portal.
2020-2021 Enrollment Packet