All information regarding volunteering within the schools of the Blairsville-Saltsburg School District are in accordance with School Board Policy #916: Volunteers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Pennsylvania Department of Human Services (DHS) has provided the following FAQ document to assist in understanding Volunteers and Clearances.
Required Clearances (Act 24, 34, 114, 151)
In accordance with School Board Policy #916, all school volunteers are required to obtain the following clearances:
- Pennsylvania State Criminal Background (Act 34),
- Child Abuse (Act 151), and
- Federal Criminal History Record (Act 114, Fingerprinting).
Be sure to keep your original clearances in a safe place. The District will request originals, not copies.
- In addition, Act 24 of 2011 requires disclosure of any prior arrests or convictions to a school district. This form is to be submitted each year.
- A completed Volunteer Agreement form is also required each year.
ACT 24 - Arrest or Conviction Form
- Complete the ACT 24 - PDE Arrest or Conviction Form
ACT 34 - PA Criminal History Record
- Complete the online request at: https://epatch.state.pa.us
- Be sure to choose the "New Record Check (Volunteers Only)" Link
ACT 151 - PA Child Abuse History Clearance
- Complete the online request at https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home
- You will need to create an individual account
ACT 114 - FBI Fingerprinting
- If you have been a resident of PA for the past 10 years (continuously), you may submit a Volunteer Clearance Exception waiver form.
- Download the Volunteer Clearance Exception Form
- You must sign the form in the presence of a witness.
- If you are unable to use the Volunteer Clearance Exception form, be sure to follow these instruction for the Act 114 Clearance:
- Visit the IndentoGO website to find a fingerprinting location.
- Select "Digital Fingerprinting."
- Enter Service Code 1KG6XN.
- Complete the online registration form.
- You will receive an email with a link to access your results.